Showing 5 most recent research articles. For a complete list of publications, please click here
- Moroz, N, Maes, K, Leduc-Gaudet, JP, Goldberg, P, Petrof, BJ, Mayaki, D, Vassilakopoulos, T, Rassier, D, Gayan-Ramirez, G, Hussain, SN et al. (2019). Oxidants Regulated Diaphragm Proteolysis during Mechanical Ventilation in Rats. Anesthesiology131,605-618.
- Liang, F, Emeriaud, G, Rassier, DE, Shang, D, Gusev, E, Hussain, SNA, Sage, M, Crulli, B, Fortin-Pellerin, E, Praud, JP et al. (2019). Mechanical ventilation causes diaphragm dysfunction in newborn lambs. Crit Care23,123.
- Juban, G, Saclier, M, Yacoub-Youssef, H, Kernou, A, Arnold, L, Boisson, C, Ben Larbi, S, Magnan, M, Cuvellier, S, Théret, M et al. (2018). AMPK Activation Regulates LTBP4-Dependent TGF-β1 Secretion by Pro-inflammatory Macrophages and Controls Fibrosis in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Cell Rep25,2163-2176.e6.
- Petrof, BJ (2018). Diaphragm Weakness in the Critically Ill: Basic Mechanisms Reveal Therapeutic Opportunities. Chest154,1395-1403.
- Vincent, AE, Rosa, HS, Pabis, K, Lawless, C, Chen, C, Grünewald, A, Rygiel, KA, Rocha, MC, Reeve, AK, Falkous, G et al. (2018). Subcellular origin of mitochondrial DNA deletions in human skeletal muscle. Ann. Neurol.84,289-301.
Podcast with Dr. Basil Petrof – February 2015
Accelerating new treatments for respiratory diseases
Innovation at the Glen: the CFI talks to our researchers
Basil Petrof heads the program for translational research in respiratory diseases at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre. His research group recently participated in a clinical trial that proved the efficacy of a new therapy that burns away the muscle tissue in the lungs of asthmatic patients to help open their airways. It’s this kind of cutting-edge discovery that Petrof expects will move more rapidly from concept to proven treatment thanks to the new facilities at the RI-MUHC.
Podcast with Dr. Basil Petrof – October 2014
Patients Referred to Neurologists with Respiratory Symptoms: Is it Pompe Disease?